Polka Music - Polka - Polkas - Polkas United - Polka Bands, Facebook, Dancing, Events, Songs, Videos, Radio, Promotion, Lyrics, History, Polka Everything!

If you want to take part in the Polkas United Polka Music Forum discussions, sign in or apply for membership below! Please help keep Polka Music alive. Polka Music - Polka - Polkas - Polka Bands - Polka History - Polka Songs - Polka Radio - Polka Videos - Polka Dances - Polka Dance Steps - Polka Music On The Web - Famous Polka Songs - Favorite Polkas - Polka Music Website Links - Polka Music DJ's - Polka Music IJ's - American and Ethnic Polka Music - Polkas On The Internet - Polka Everything! Polkas everywhere in the USA and Canada!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Polka Music - Polka - Polkas - Polka Bands - Polka History - Polka Songs - Polka Radio - Polka Videos - Polka Dances - Polka Dance Steps - Polonia Music - Polka Music Promotion - Polkas On Facebook - Ideas For Polka Music - Polish Polka Lyrics - Polish Polka Music - Polka Organizations - Polka Clubs - Polkas On The Internet - Polkas On The Web - Polka Music Online - Famous Polka Songs - Favorite Polkas - Polka Music Website Links - Polka Music DJ's - Polka Music IJ's - American and Ethnic Polka Music - Polka Everything! Polkas everywhere in the USA and Canada! Chicago, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Pulaski, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Detroit, Frankenmuth, Johnstown, Ludlow, Fontana, Erie, Youngstown, Toledo, Wyandotte, Grand Rapids, Pottstown, Rehoboth, Phoenix, Albany, Elizabeth, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, Long Island, St Louis, Dallas, Omaha, etc.
Polka Music is for everyone. To get everyone involved that is active in any way with Polka Music to help build a bigger audience is a real challenge! This Polkas United Forum is trying to build a bigger audience for Polka Music. This will ultimately help everyone involved in Polka Music. This can only be accomplished with the participation of the people that are already active in today's Polka Music scene.
Welcome to Polkas United. An online forum for Polka Music fans of all ages! We want to help keep Polka Music alive so Polka-related activities will still be around for years to come. There are currently over 700 members in Polkas United. If you are member, please invite your friends. Everything is free in this forum designed for Polka Music! www.polkasunited.com
LIKE US on Facebook to include all posts made here in your news feed - www.facebook.com/polkasunited. Post something here on the Polkas United Forum for Polka Music and it will appear www.facebook.com/polkasunited within hours. You can reach hundreds or possibly thousands of Polka Music fans by posting right here! You can use your Facebook, Google or OpenID information to login, too.
If you received an invitation by e-mail, please complete the information required and use the invitation code that was sent. If you are member, please send your friends an invitation to participate in the Polkas United Forum for Polka Music. Simply click on your user name on the top menu bar and then click on My Invitations.

Who's Online (0)

Polkas United Forum for Polka Music is for everyone. Let's Polka everywhere. We are making the Polkas United Forum for Polka Music available to new members by invitation only. If you want to become a member of Polkas United Forum for Polka Music, send an e-mail to forum@polkasunited.com and say "New Member" in the subject line. We hope to cut down on spam by doing this. This website is trying to make a few good things happen for Polka Music nationally. Are you? Visit us on Facebook and "LIKE US" - http://www.facebook.com/polkasunited.
Polka Music and Polkas in Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Canada | Polka Music and Polkas in Chicago, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Pulaski, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Detroit, Frankenmuth, Johnstown, Ludlow, Fontana, Erie, Youngstown, Toledo, Wyandotte, Grand Rapids, Rehoboth, Phoenix, Albany, Elizabeth, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, Long Island, St Louis, Dallas, Omaha, etc.
ALEX MEIXNER - NY and PA Gigs – Aug 7-11 - Polka Band
  • SiteAdminSiteAdmin August 2013
    ALEX MEIXNER
    Folk / Jazz / Polka

After a few days in the studio—I’m really excited about some unique gigs on Wednesday and Thursday…. Wed. Aug. 7- I’ll be opening for my good friend Hector Saldana and his Tex-Mex rock band-The Krayolas at the Bell House’s Frontier Room in Brooklyn, NY. The Krayolas have been getting some serious exposure on NPR and Sirius/ XM in recent years (and had quite a cult following in the 60s-70s). I’ve had the opportunity to record with them in the past, and Hector co-wrote a song with me for my upcoming album so- it should be a fun jam… Speaking of fun jams—on Thurs. Aug. 8—I’ll be jamming with Fiddler extraordinaire (and awesome guitarist) Raczar Lopatic at the St Lawrence Club in Steelton, PA. It’s been quite a few years since I’ve been out in Steelton and figured it would be great to rock out some Croatian tunes and a bunch of other stuff with Raczar… I have no real idea what we’ll be playing…. – my favorite type of gig!! If y’all want to hear the traditional tunes—we’ll be ready to Kolo and Polka all night, If you want something different… we’ll be ready to boogie too!

From Steelton, we’ll head out to Long Island- where I’m really looking forward to returning to Plattduetsche Park on Friday Aug. 9! Friday night biergarten gigs are always a blast there—and I can’t wait to see the new biergarten! Construction was a bit delayed by Superstorm Sandy, but everything appears to be hopping now! The Plattduetsche crowd is always great- and again- you can’t go wrong with all the beers on tap, great food and fun band!

Finally, we move on to Hunter Mtn, NY’s German Alps Fest- where we share the stage with our friends Die Schlauberger, Jimmy Sturr and Die Radlpass Trio from Austria on Saturday Aug. 10. This is our 4th year at Hunter and it’s always a good time before we do our traditional closing night gig at Bethlehem, PA’s Musikfest on Sunday Aug. 11. We’ll be on stage at Festplatz before and after the fireworks from 7:30- 11pm for my closest to Hometown show for the year! It’s always great to be back in the Lehigh Valley and hope to see y’all there!!

Alex Meixner
    http://www.alexmeixner.com

UPCOMING SHOWS
    The Bell House
    Brooklyn, NY Wed Aug 07 13 09:00 PM Tickets

St Lawrence Club Steelton, PA Thu Aug 08 13 07:30 PM
    PLATTDUETSCHE Park Restaurant
    Franklin Square, NY Fri Aug 09 13 06:30 PM
    Hunter Mountain
    Hunter, NY Sat Aug 10 13 12:00 PM
    Musik Fest
    Bethlehem, PA Sun Aug 11 13 07:30 PM
    Minnesota State Fair St. Paul, MN Sat Aug 24 13 02:00 PM
    Minnesota State Fair St. Paul, MN Sun Aug 25 13 02:00 PM
    Cleveland Oktoberfest
    Berea, OH Sat Aug 31 13 08:00 PM
    Cleveland Oktoberfest
    Berea, OH Sun Sep 01 13 08:00 PM
    Cleveland Oktoberfest
    Berea, OH Mon Sep 02 13 08:00 PM
    Site Administrator
    http://www.polkasunited.com/polka-music-polkas-united-bands-history-dance-radio-facebook-videos-internet
    Polka Music - Polka - Polkas - Polka Bands - Polka History - Polka Songs - Polka Radio - Polka Videos - Polka Dances - Polka Dance Steps - Polonia Music - Polka Music Promotion - Polkas On Facebook - Ideas For Polka Music - Polish Polka Lyrics - Polka Organizations - Polka Clubs - Polkas On The Internet - Polkas On The Web - Famous Polka Songs - Favorite Polkas - Polka Music Website Links - Polka Music DJ's - Polka Music IJ's - American and Ethnic Polka Music - Polka Everything! Polkas everywhere in the United States and Canada! Chicago, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Pulaski, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Detroit, Frankenmuth, Johnstown, Ludlow, Fontana, Erie, Youngstown, Toledo, Wyandotte, Grand Rapids, Pottstown, Rehoboth, Phoenix, Albany, Elizabeth, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, Long Island, St Louis, Dallas, Omaha, etc.